Please note that we still accept memorial donations for our Weekly Virtual Bulletins. You can email your memorial at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 596-6754 and leave a message with your phone number.
Easter Memorials 2021 …
IN LOVING MEMORY OF:
– Mary Nicholl … from Aaron and Shawn, Shawna, Carly & Benjamin Nicholl
– Father E. Lloyd Powell and Mother, Ada Powell V. L. Powell; Uncle Ben – Benjamin Taylor and Aunt Lilian – Lilian Taylor … from V. L. Powell
– Parents, Rivelyn & Rose Pitts … from Daughter Beatrice & Adrian Poirier in New Brunswick
– Parents, Wm & Ada Pynn and Father, Thomas Hatcher … from Allan, Sandra & family
– Parents, Rivelyn & Rose Pitts … from Daughter Dianna & family in Alberta
– Loved Ones … from Wayne, Hazel & Dawn
– Husband Mark Butt, Granddaughter Grace Murphy and Parents, John & Virtue Kelloway … from Drucella Butt
– Mom & Dad, Evelyn & Clarence Janes … from Daughter & Son-in-law Wanda & Ron Garland
– Grandparents, Drucella & George Will Janes … from Granddaughter, Wanda Garland
– Mother & Father, Evelyn & Clarence Janes … from Daughter & Son-in-law Jackie & Dwayne Lake
– Grandparents, Drucella & George Will Janes … from Granddaughter, Jackie Lake
– Parents & Grandparents, Hayward & Elizabeth Taylor, and Jim & Ruth Taylor; and friend Minnie Snow … from Ruth & Catherine Ruth Davidge
– Loved Ones … John & Daphne Howell
– Dear Grandparents & Great-Grandparents, Jim & Edith King … from Pam, Brian, Brad & families
– Husband & Father, Rick King … from Pauline & family
– Parents, John R. & Mary E. Swain and brothers Lloyd, Fred & Hector … from Tom & Jean Swain
– Husband & Father, Gordon Saunders … from Sandra, Neal & Carol Anne
– Parents, Evelyn & Clarence Janes and Grandparents, Drucie & George Will Janes … from Robin Janes-Lynch
– Husband, Bertram Swain … from Verna Swain
– Parents & Grandparents, Maxwell A. & Caroline Powell and daughter & sister, Andrea C. Powell … from Calvin & Betty Powell & family
– Grandmother, Hettie Davis and Uncle & Aunt, Kevin & Margaret Earle … from Frank, Karen, Dylan & Kristian Butt
– Husband, father, grandfather & great-grandfather, Lloyd Swain … from Loving wife Glenys & family
– Beloved daughter, Cynthia (Davis) Dunphy … from Mom, Dad & family
– Parents, Lewis & Joyce Trickett … from Daughter Debbie Hindy & family
– Loved Ones … from Louise Penney-Drover
– Father & Mother, Stella & Malcolm Butt … from Daughters Vera , Brenda & family
– George & Grace Soper; Eleanor Laishley and Eleanor & Rosa Badcock … from John & Margaret Soper-Poole & famililes
– Roland Winsor … from Joyce & family
– Parents, Cyril & Emma LeGrow … from John & Elizabeth
– Our precious daughter Valerie Diane Marshall … from Mom & Dad ..“Forever Remembered & forever in our Hearts”
– Hazel & Eugene Marshall & Loved Ones … from Wayne & Ella “Always in our Hearts”
– Louisa & James Parsons … from Ella & Wayne “Always in our Hearts”
– Lloyd Taylor … from Wife Bernice, daughters Wanda & Wendy and families
– Loved Ones … from Sharon Dean
– Son & brother, Trevor Cole … from The Cole Family
– John N. & Julia Ann Butt; brothers Mark & Silas and sister-in-law Jean … from Reg & Emmie Clarke, Victoria
– Father & Mother, Bert & Lillian Parsons and Grandparents, Samuel & Sarah Parsons … from Bert & Gertie – Grandparents, Minnie & Herbert Hedges and Aunts Viola Hedges and Livy Pike … from Margaret Rose & family
– Parents, William & Ruby Joyce and Allan & Pearl King … from Faye & Bob King
– Siblings Joan, Gary, Cathy & Elsie … from Faye & Bob King – Loved Ones … from Rev. Simba & family – Father, Ben Taylor … from daughter Susanne & family
April 4, 2021 …. Easter Sunday
Our Bulletins today have been donated to the Glory of God and in loving memory of our precious daughter Valerie Diane Marshall … from Mom and Dad. “Forever remembered & Forever in our Hearts”
Usher Captains for April: Bert Parsons
Ushers for today: Jim and Myrtle Peddle
Rev. Simba is pleased to respond to invitations for pastoral visits. He is just a phone call away. Office 596-6754, Manse 596-6137, by cell 1-709-674-1169 or by email at simbamazhara@gamailcom
We remember with warm hearts all our loved ones we dearly miss. With the resurrection hope, we hold the faith that we will join in together at the consummation of time! In God we find comfort and in God’s presence, may they continue to rest in peace!
Rev. Simba will be off this week on Monday and Thursday.
Your mask must be worm throughout the entire service. After the service, please leave at the direction of our ushers.
Those at the back will leave the church first. Let us keep the distance as we file out.
Please keep 6 feet away from the next person, unless you are in the same bubble.
We continue to observe the public health requirements for the safety of everyone.
Please use one mic per person. Use wipes after use, if you adjusted it. Please stay in your bubble and maintain the distance.
Please take your printed bulletins with you for disposal. Do not leave them in the seats.
A volunteer opportunity is available with the SSVP Carbonear Foodbank. This winter they are offering a program called Snow Angels. Snow Angels aim to pair those who need a little extra help in the winter months with someone willing to help a neighbour. A clear sidewalk and driveway can help ensure that our neighbours who are seniors, have mobility issues or other disabilities, have safe access to their homes so that they can attend medical appointments and receive care. Most importantly it ensures that they are able to more easily get around during the winter preventing them from becoming isolated in the long season. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please call 596-5945 and leave a message with your contact information.
Please continue to recycle bottles and drop them off at Nova Recycling. Make sure they are identified as “Bethany United Church, 596-6754”.
Outreach requests your help collecting plastic food safe containers such as ice cream, butter or yogurt tubs. The Gathering Place use these items for their take out program. You may drop these items off at Bethany either upstairs or downstairs. Thank you for your support.
YOUR church needs YOU. We are actively seeking volunteers to fill the following positions on our Church Council: Chair, Vice-Chair, Ministry & Personnel Chair, as well as members of various committees. Please consider these positions and call either our office at 596-6754 or Danny Button at 589-7200. Help Us continue the Ministry of our church.
Due to Covid-19, Our Church office will only be open on Tuesdays from 10am until 1pm. Anyone wishing to drop off contributions can do so during this period. Other methods of contributing can still continue to be used and will be recorded by our Office Staff. This move is to ensure the safety of all members of our congregation.
St. Vincent de Paul is accepting donations of food and hygiene items. Tin soup and tin milk are in very short supply right now. All donations are greatly appreciated. Please drop off items in the boxes provided at the church, upstairs and downstairs.